Join the KoolSpan Team
KoolSpan is a rapidly growing and award winning cybersecurity company, and we are solving the top security and privacy challenges of our age.
The front lines of cyber conflict today is on the mobile device and more specifically, mobile communications”
We are looking for the best and brightest people to join our team. Be a part of a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment. Work hard, learn a lot and have fun, while making contributions on a daily basis and without getting bogged down in bureaucracy. KoolSpan provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance package
- A great corporate culture
Join us and you will find KoolSpan to be a rewarding and fulfilling environment. We are searching for the right talented, motivated people in the following areas:
Location: Bethesda, MD or New York, NY
KoolSpan is looking for a self-motivated, creative, detail oriented thinker and doer to join our team as a Marketing Director. You’ll be responsible for overseeing and executing marketing related functions to advance the company’s corporate marketing, positioning, channel marketing, product marketing and lead generation.
You’ll join a lean team of people working across departments to create strategies that drive KoolSpan success and then execute the plan in the global business marketplace. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a content marketing calendar, writing the rich content tools and supporting articles, and collaborating with the team to bring them to life. You’ll aid in the conversion of prospects to customers, and promote the KoolSpan brand.
- Strategically plan, develop and coordinate all marketing initiatives to promote the KoolSpan brand to further the company’s sales objectives
- Collaborate closely with the sales team in support of channel partners globally
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to write, edit and update marketing communication materials, including but not limited to, datasheets, presentations, white papers, case studies, web pages, blog articles, and event-related tools
- Plan and execute events in support of company marketing and sales and channel partners globally
- Own the company website, making timely and strategic updates including blog posts, product pages with consistent messaging and SEO best practices
- Collaborate & strategize with other departments to support their individual initiatives and ensure they match overarching company goals and messaging
- Proactively create ideas for marketing initiatives and content, and work various resources to bring them to life
- Build and maintain a content calendar to support marketing and overarching business initiatives
- Manage all social media platforms for the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing skills, especially marketing copy, collateral, and other marketing writing
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and juggle many tasks
- Ability to research and learn new skills as needed
- Understanding of search engine optimization best practices and tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, HubSpot, Salesforce and WordPress preferred
- Writing samples required
Industries: Computer & Network Security
Compensation: Based on experience and other qualifications
Location: Bethesda, MD
KoolSpan, a rapidly growing start-up Technology Company, based in Bethesda, MD is seeking an Operations Intern. The Operations Intern will report to the Director of Support and Professional Services, and work closely with other team members (Product Management, IT, Sales, Finance) as required.
The Operations Intern will work with the Operations department on a wide variety of projects to advance the company’s goals and tasks. The intern will work on strategic tasks as well as lead the execution of tasks. The intern will be exposed to a wide variety of Operations functions, including the following:
- Support daily office operations
- Monitor incoming support and operations support emails and assign to Operations team members
- Manage inventory of KoolSpan owned technology, checking in new devices and updating the database when necessary
- Assist the KoolSpan Help Desk staff with customer support tasks
- Maintain and update a list of tasks on SharePoint
- Create and update documentation for SOPs, product support, and others
- Manage and track all outgoing shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree in process
Type: Part-time or Full-time
Experience: Associate- Mid Level
Functions: Operations and as assigned
Industries: Computer & Network Security
Location: Bethesda, MD or Miami, FL
A KoolSpan Systems Engineer directly supports a team of corporate sales executives, working with prospects, customers and partners, managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through a successful deployment. A successful candidate will be the main technical and product adviser on the KoolSpan suite of mobile encryption hardware and software. KoolSpan Systems Engineers must have the natural ability to think on their feet in high pressure sales situations, providing technical products details, and acting as a subject matter expert on mobile and wireless security. Further, gathering requirements for integration in to customer business systems and processes and engaging operational parts of both the customer and KoolSpan to develop a plan to address such integration to make the customer successful is key.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, product demonstrations, pilot implementations, beta program administration, and on-going technical consultation.
- Provide technical product demonstrations via web conferencing or in person
- Act as the Technical Account Manager within your target accounts. Take ownership of the technical relationship with our pre-sales customers to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- Provide post-sales technical expertise through site assessment, deployment, architecture, on site or hosted delivery, customer training, and post sales technical account management, working with KoolSpan Operations/Customer Support to help us build a “white glove service” customer experience.
- Provide technical product training to customers and partners for product installers, administrators, and end users. Be able to perform training locally or remote. Assist in ongoing development and enhancement of superior training materials and courseware.
- Establish professional relationships and communications with internal product teams, external customers and management team.
- Maintain awareness of industrial trends, emergent threats, and customer needs, helping to drive the KoolSpan roadmap.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestic and international required.
- S. Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science or 5 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience: Mid to Senior Level
Industries: Computer & Network Security
Compensation: Based on experience and other qualifications.
Engineering and IT
Location: Bethesda, MD
KoolSpan is seeking a Junior Android developer who is passionate and proactive about building mobile applications. The developer will work as a key member of the Engineering team on end-to-end secure communication solutions utilizing our patented encryption framework.
- Implement new features from requirements and wireframes
- Research new technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, testers and managers to deliver releases on time
- Work closely with QA to debug and fix issues
- Maintain existing code base, improving reliability, robustness, readability and performance
- Assist in providing documentation support
- Provide both internal and external customer support as needed
- Participate in code reviews
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Android SDK and NDK
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles
- Strong knowledge of how to deal with the fragmented Android market and different screen sizes
- Experience with profilers to analyze memory usage, CPU utilization, leaks etc.
- Good understanding of push notifications (GCM, FCM)
- Good understanding of the advantages and limitations of the Android platform
- Ability to manipulate standard Android controls to build custom controls
- Good understanding of threading and experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Solid understanding of common design patterns and best practices on the Android platform
- Awareness of open-source Android ecosystem
- Solid understanding of source control, especially Git
- Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP a plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with encryption and security
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Internally motivated and a willingness to learn
- Passion for working in a team environment, respectful, humble and an understanding that teamwork and success is not a zero-sum game
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoIP and audio codecs
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with XMPP
- Experience with iOS
- A quality app published on the Google Play store (bonus point if it’s popular)
- H-1B Non-Immigrant Worker is being sought by KoolSpan, Inc. through the filing of a labor condition application with the Employment and Training of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- One such worker is being sought.
- The worker is being sought as a Server Software Developer.
- Wages of $76,700 per yr. is being offered to the worker.
- The period of employment of the worker is October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2024.
- The employment will occur at the office of KoolSpan, Inc, 7735 Old Georgetown Rd, Suite 500, Bethesda, MD 20814.
- The labor condition application is available for public inspection at the office of KoolSpan, Inc, 7735 Old Georgetown Rd, Suite 500, Bethesda, MD 20814.
“Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with any office of Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor.
“Complaints alleging failure to offer employment to an equally better qualified U.S. worker or an employer’s misrepresentation regarding such offer of employment, may be filed with U.S. Dept. of Justice 10th Street and Constitution Avenue NW Washington DC 20530.
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com.
In the Subject, please specify the Title of the Position you are applying for.
Don’t see a position that suits you? Check back frequently – we’re constantly adding positions and seeking top talent!