Join the KoolSpan Team
KoolSpan is a rapidly growing and award winning cybersecurity company, and we are solving the top security and privacy challenges of our age.
The front lines of cyber conflict today is on the mobile device and more specifically, mobile communications”
We are looking for the best and brightest people to join our team. Be a part of a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment. Work hard, learn a lot and have fun, while making contributions on a daily basis and without getting bogged down in bureaucracy. KoolSpan provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance package
- A great corporate culture
Join us and you will find KoolSpan to be a rewarding and fulfilling environment. We are searching for the right talented, motivated people in the following areas:
Location: Bethesda, MD or New York, NY
KoolSpan is looking for a self-motivated, creative, detail oriented thinker and doer to join our team as a Marketing Director. You’ll be responsible for overseeing and executing marketing related functions to advance the company’s corporate marketing, positioning, channel marketing, product marketing and lead generation.
You’ll join a lean team of people working across departments to create strategies that drive KoolSpan success and then execute the plan in the global business marketplace. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a content marketing calendar, writing the rich content tools and supporting articles, and collaborating with the team to bring them to life. You’ll aid in the conversion of prospects to customers, and promote the KoolSpan brand.
- Strategically plan, develop and coordinate all marketing initiatives to promote the KoolSpan brand to further the company’s sales objectives
- Collaborate closely with the sales team in support of channel partners globally
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to write, edit and update marketing communication materials, including but not limited to, datasheets, presentations, white papers, case studies, web pages, blog articles, and event-related tools
- Plan and execute events in support of company marketing and sales and channel partners globally
- Own the company website, making timely and strategic updates including blog posts, product pages with consistent messaging and SEO best practices
- Collaborate & strategize with other departments to support their individual initiatives and ensure they match overarching company goals and messaging
- Proactively create ideas for marketing initiatives and content, and work various resources to bring them to life
- Build and maintain a content calendar to support marketing and overarching business initiatives
- Manage all social media platforms for the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing skills, especially marketing copy, collateral, and other marketing writing
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and juggle many tasks
- Ability to research and learn new skills as needed
- Understanding of search engine optimization best practices and tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, HubSpot, Salesforce and WordPress preferred
- Writing samples required
Industries: Computer & Network Security
Compensation: Based on experience and other qualifications
Location: Bethesda, MD
KoolSpan, a rapidly growing start-up Technology Company, based in Bethesda, MD is seeking an Operations Intern. The Operations Intern will report to the Director of Support and Professional Services, and work closely with other team members (Product Management, IT, Sales, Finance) as required.
The Operations Intern will work with the Operations department on a wide variety of projects to advance the company’s goals and tasks. The intern will work on strategic tasks as well as lead the execution of tasks. The intern will be exposed to a wide variety of Operations functions, including the following:
- Support daily office operations
- Monitor incoming support and operations support emails and assign to Operations team members
- Manage inventory of KoolSpan owned technology, checking in new devices and updating the database when necessary
- Assist the KoolSpan Help Desk staff with customer support tasks
- Maintain and update a list of tasks on SharePoint
- Create and update documentation for SOPs, product support, and others
- Manage and track all outgoing shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree in process
Type: Part-time or Full-time
Experience: Associate- Mid Level
Functions: Operations and as assigned
Industries: Computer & Network Security
Engineering and IT
Location: Bethesda, MD
KoolSpan is seeking a Junior Android developer who is passionate and proactive about building mobile applications. The developer will work as a key member of the Engineering team on end-to-end secure communication solutions utilizing our patented encryption framework.
- Implement new features from requirements and wireframes
- Research new technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, testers and managers to deliver releases on time
- Work closely with QA to debug and fix issues
- Maintain existing code base, improving reliability, robustness, readability and performance
- Assist in providing documentation support
- Provide both internal and external customer support as needed
- Participate in code reviews
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Android SDK and NDK
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles
- Strong knowledge of how to deal with the fragmented Android market and different screen sizes
- Experience with profilers to analyze memory usage, CPU utilization, leaks etc.
- Good understanding of push notifications (GCM, FCM)
- Good understanding of the advantages and limitations of the Android platform
- Ability to manipulate standard Android controls to build custom controls
- Good understanding of threading and experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Solid understanding of common design patterns and best practices on the Android platform
- Awareness of open-source Android ecosystem
- Solid understanding of source control, especially Git
- Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP a plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with encryption and security
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Internally motivated and a willingness to learn
- Passion for working in a team environment, respectful, humble and an understanding that teamwork and success is not a zero-sum game
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoIP and audio codecs
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with XMPP
- Experience with iOS
- A quality app published on the Google Play store (bonus point if it’s popular)
Location: Bethesda, MD
- Participate in the design and development of a suite of web based .NET & Ruby on Rails products
- Provide maintenance and support on existing products and systems
- Work closely with QA team to facilitate thorough testing and documentation
- Provide customer and internal support for various software products
- Assist with installation and deployment planning and execution
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent in related technical field(s)
- 2-3+ years experience with:
- Microsoft .NET / C# (Web Forms, MVC, WCF / web services)
- Hands-on back end experience with C# and Microsoft SQL Server (database design, stored procedures, optimization, maintenance, etc.)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies
- Familiar with encryption methodologies as well as web security principles and best practices
- Self-motivated and self-accountable
- Works well in a team environment with developers of other disciplines as well as QA engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and customer support skills
- Experience with other platforms and technologies (Java, Android, C++, C, etc.)
Location: Bethesda, MD
KoolSpan is seeking a Server Computer Programmer for our server products running on Linux, and Windows. Candidates should have backgrounds with a focus on backend development and automated testing. The candidate should be able to create applications and framework to test KoolSpan’s software products based on the specification and design. The candidate will primarily work with the development and product management to provide feedback toward the overall design and stability of the software solution. The candidate will also be responsible for in-depth testing and execute programs using automated tools to test all the product components. They should also be familiar with the creation of API testing and should be able to handle day-to-day testing responsibilities involving: writing bug reports, verifying bug fixes, managing the issue queue, and tracking test results.
The candidate should also have the ability to work independently and as part of team for the entire development life cycle. As well as the ability to work with the Development team and Product Management team and other internal resources to enhance and deliver a quality product.
- • Some software testing and development experience
• Familiar with API testing with automated tools preferably SoapUI and JMeter.
• Familiar with writing codes and applications in at least 2 programming languages preferably Java or C#.
• Familiar with development environment like Eclipse or any other IDE.
• Familiar with product development cycles in an agile and sprints driven processes.
• Familiar with at least one database server preferably MS SQL server.
• Familiar with writing SQL scripts to modify, locate and retrieve data from the database.
• Good understanding of test methodologies and test strategies.
• Familiar with basic networking, firewall rules, high availability and load balancer.
• Familiar with Linux system, tools and commands.
• Must have a passion in learning new technologies.
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- BS/BA Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Mid-Level
- Functions: Software computer programming and testing
- Industries: Computer & Network Security
- Compensation: Based on experience and other qualifications
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Subject, please specify the Title of the Position you are applying for.
Don’t see a position that suits you? Check back frequently – we’re constantly adding positions and seeking top talent!