This position is a great fit for an ambitious, collaborative QA engineer who communicates their big opinions with kindness. We’re small, have challenging work, and every employee makes a difference at KoolSpan.
We take Quality seriously at KoolSpan. You’ll have up-front involvement, collaborating with Development and Product Management, to help ensure our features and products are well-considered and designed to minimize complexity. Additionally, you’ll use your creativity and experience to design empirical experiments and test plans. You’ll execute your experiments and test plans using a combination of automated and manual methods to perform load testing, flush out bugs, and explore the edgiest edge conditions. Last but definitely not least, you’ll use your command of the language to document test results and communicate them to stakeholders.
• College degree in CIS or equivalent and/or one to five years of professional Quality Assurance experience
• Knowledge of basic networking, firewall rules, high availability, and load balancing
• General experience with iOS and Android devices
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language (SQL, Unix Shell, Python)
• Experience with the Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
• Passion for problem-solving
• Although we’re working remotely now, we’re seeking candidates in or near Montgomery County, MD to occasionally work face-to-face with the team
• AWS experience
• Understanding of networking and enterprise software setup
• API testing experience
• Knowledge of a programming language like Java or C#
• Experience with security testing
• Background in automated testing
We offer medical benefits, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, 401k with company match, and a great work-life balance.